Terms & Conditions
1. General – These terms relate to sales over the Internet only and apply to all contracts between you, the Customer and us, Glenearn Flooring Ltd. We reserve the right to alter these terms at any time and without notice to you. Your statutory rights will not be affected. The contract made by you online with us incorporates these terms, which shall prevail over any and all terms, proposed by you. Please print these online terms & conditions and retain a copy for your records.
Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred. All prices include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount. We reserve the right to amend the specifications of products. Products supplied may on occasion differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. In such instances, you will be informed of an amendment and be given the option to cancel or reselect accordingly. Unless agreed with you, the products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance. All on-line promotional items are subject to these terms and availability. In addition the offers are limited to one per customer and per household. You cannot transfer the value of the offer products to any other products. Payment can be made by credit or debit card at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products or services which may be offered by us on our web site will be correct, that the credit charge or debit card, which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds available to cover the cost of the products ordered. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before accepting your order. We will not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you. It is our intention to process all online orders within 2 [two] working days of receiving your order.
2. Payment – The online order shall not be deemed accepted until we have received your valid credit or debit card payment details and we have confirmed that your card issuer had authorised payment for your order. We are reserve the right to refuse any order placed and in such instances you will be informed via electronic mail or telephone using the contact details you registered and confirmed at the time of placing your order. Refusal may occur where the product is unavailable or we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment. When we accept your order we will confirm acceptance to you by electronic mail to the email address you have given us during the registration procedure and on ordering. All reasonable efforts will be made to update the website of any price changes as they occur. Should you place an order and the price of any product is discovered to be erroneous we will contact you advising you of the correct price of the goods. You can then reconfirm or cancel your order. We will not be held liable for any financial or consequential loss arising from an incorrect price being displayed on the website.
3. Delivery & Acceptance – All products wherever possible will be dispatched to you within 28 (twenty-eight) days of receiving your order. Whilst we make every effort to dispatch the products on time, we do not accept liability for any failure to deliver on the stated date or at the stated time. Some of our products may not be in stock at the time you place your order. In the event that we cannot deliver the products within 28 (twenty-eight) days of receipt of your order, we will contact you in order to advise of the estimated delivery date. At this point you have the option of reconfirming or cancelling your order. We will not be held liable for any financial or consequential loss arising from us not being able to complete your order. If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your goods and the goods are returned to us by the carrier, we reserve the right to charge you for any subsequent deliveries, should such extra costs be incurred by ourselves for re-delivery or return. If we, or our nominated carrier, accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery then our liability for that damage is limited to the replacement of the goods or the value thereof. We will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising out of the late or non-delivery of goods, and time and date of delivery is not of the essence of this agreement.
4. Your Right To Cancel, Returns & Refunds – Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations you have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website, for a full refund within 7 (seven) working days of receiving your goods. This includes if you simply change your mind. Please note we are unable to offer you a refund on made to measure rugs. To cancel your order under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations you can email, or write to us quoting your order/invoice number within 7 (seven) working days of taking delivery of your goods. We will advise you of the procedure for returning your goods. While in your possession, you must keep any products you intend to return to us in good condition. You must arrange for and pay the costs of returning the products to us. This cost is entirely your responsibility and we will not refund or credit any carriage charges you incur as a result of your cancellation of your order. Upon receipt of the goods, and subject to them being in satisfactory and resalable condition, you will then be entitled to a refund from us, which will be paid as soon as possible, but in any event within 30 (thirty) days. Please note that the refunds will be made using the same method as the original payment i.e. a credit or debit card. Please note that variation of colour will not be accepted by us as to constitute faulty goods. Therefore we will not refund return charges for the same.
5. Warranties – If you receive damaged products, note that fact on the delivery note, even before you open the packaging to examine the contents. If you are unable to open a damaged package in the presence of the carrier, make sure that you sign for it as ‘damaged package – products not yet inspected’, or something similar, so as to warn the carrier that a claim may be forthcoming. To cover the circumstances, please contact us by email or telephone with as much detail of the damage or loss as you can provide as soon after delivery as possible, so that we can arrange for the dispatch of replacement products and follow up the difficulty with the carriers. Please do not return damaged products to us unless or until requested to do so as this may incur additional costs unnecessarily. We will happily arrange an exchange or refund of the full purchase price paid for the products, once we have examined them, but the cost of the delivery cannot be refunded. Please note that the refunds will normally be made using the same method as the original payment i.e. a credit or debit card.
6. Guarantees – Our suppliers guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery on all machine made and programmed goods. These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods; loss or damage through whatever causation, e.g. fire, smoke, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, infestation via animals or boring insects, theft, or explosion; accidental damage or consequential loss, etc. The Suppliers liability is restricted to value of replacement goods only and we will not be held liable for any consequential losses.
7. Claims – In the event of a claim occurring within 12 months of the date of delivery, please telephone us. We will arrange to repair or replace the defective item free of charge or, at our discretion, refund the price you paid for the product. Should a product no longer be available it will be replaced with a product that closely matches it. We will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered goods over and above the value of those goods. This does not affect your statutory rights.
8. Site Content & Disclaimers – We have used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of our website but make no warranty, express or implied, as to the nature or accuracy of any material on the website and cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon information contained within this website. Every care is taken in the digital reproduction of all images used within the site. Due to constraints in digital reproduction, differences in web browsers and monitor displays, colour reproduction of rugs may not match the actual supplied product. We will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising should you rely on the accuracy of the digitally reproduced images contained within this site. All rug sizes are subject to manufacturer tolerances, therefore the rug sizes given on the website should be used for guidance only. All sizes stated are in centimetres. Every effort is made to ensure complete accuracy, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but will not be responsible for any loss incurred. All products and prices are subject to availability. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
9. Data Protection Compliance – At all times we will observe the requirements imposed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will provide the appropriate security to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data.
10. Force Majeure – Neither you nor Glenearn Flooring Ltd will be held liable for any failure to perform any obligation to the other due to causes beyond your or our respective reasonable control.
11. Applicable Law – We control and operate the web site from our business premises within Scotland. Accordingly the laws of Scotland govern claims relating to, including the use of, this web site and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside Scotland you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between Glenearn Flooring Ltd and you the laws of Scotland will apply at all times.
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations you have a right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website, for a full refund within 7 (seven) working days of receiving your goods.
Please note we are unable to offer you a refund on made-to-measure rugs.
To cancel your order under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations you can email us, or write to us quoting your order/invoice number within 7 (seven) working days of taking delivery of your goods. We will advise you of the procedure for returning your goods. Any returns are to be paid by yourself.
Any product with a manufacturing fault will be replaced in accordance with the manufacturers guarantee on a like for like basis only. No credit will be given and no alternative product will be supplied. Faulty products must be returned in suitable protective packaging by Recorded Delivery or some other traceable method.
We reserve the right to reject any “faulty” product if we consider the complaint to be unreasonable, unjustified, or of the customer’s negligence or making.